- Learn to “wait on the Holy Spirit” for instruction: Jesus instructed the 120 disciples to wait in Jerusalem for what the Father promised, and they waited in the upper room (Acts 1:12-13). They waited with one mind for 50 days, doing nothing, going nowhere, but continually in prayer, saying simply, “Come, Holy Spirit” until they received the power.
a. It is difficult to wait; however, we must learn to wait and do so well.
b. When the Holy Spirit came upon them, they did not need to travel because God brought the people to them “from every nation under heaven” (Acts 2:5).
- Be ready for war (Genesis 26:18-22): A desert well is a source of life, sustaining human, animal, and plant lives. It is also a symbol of grace, joy, life, refreshing, favor, blessing, etc. Abraham dug many wells in his lifetime, but after he died, the Philistines closed the wells to suffocate the life out of Isaac and destroy his family, animals, and crops. They intended to steal, kill, and destroy (John 10:10). However, after many failed attempts, Isaac succeeded in reopening one of the wells and there, found rest for his soul.
a. Do not allow the Philistines to stop the flow of your wells of living water. That is, your zeal for God, good health, gifts of the Holy Spirit, etc.
b. Fight for your inheritance.
i. The Philistines & Abimelech arrayed against my assigned breakthrough, hear the noise of chariots and horses, and start running (Psalms 18:45).
ii. Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end – the reign of fear ends in my life! Father, contend with those contending with me.
- Re-affirm your identity as the seed of Abraham: We read in Genesis 22:17 that, ”…in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gates of his enemies.” One translation says, “your seed will pursue the enemies from the battle front to their city gates.”
a. Affirm your position as:
i. a new creature (2 Corinthians 5:17),
ii. beloved of God (John 15:9),
iii. a brother or sister of Jesus (Matthew 12:49-50),
iv. a temple of God and God’s co-worker (1 Corinthians 3:9,16),
v. an heir of God (Romans 8:17),
vi. an ambassador of Christ (2 Corinthians 5:20),
vii. a peculiar treasure (1 Peter 2:9), etc.
- Maintain your prayer altar (Exodus 20:24; Leviticus 6:12): An altar speaks of a place of continuous communion and fellowship with, and prayer to, God. It is a place marked by God’s Presence, and where issues are settled. The enemy always knows when God’s Presence is with you. So, in Genesis 26:24-32, we see Abimelech, king of the Philistines, in fear and trembling, lead an immediate and powerful peace delegation to Isaac for a peace treaty. All because he dug a well, found water the same day, and raised an altar to the LORD.
a. The altar in your life ensures your victory, joy, wealth, good health, peace, and your faith in God.
b. Mark 9:23 says, “…if thou canst believe, all things are possible…”
- Learn to praise and worship God: Enemies rose against Jehoshaphat and his people, but God defeated them when His people used the weapon of praise and worship. 2 Chronicles 20:22 says, “And when they began to sing and to praise, the LORD set ambushments against the children of Ammon, Moab and Mount Seir, which were come against Judah; and they were smitten.” Similar truths are found in Psalms 22:3 and Acts 16:25-26.
I give thanks to the LORD for all He has done for us this year, delivering me and my family from COVID-19. Thank You for leaving all Your glory in heaven, to take the form of man, in order to procure our forgiveness and restore our lost glory.
I affirm my position in Christ as a seed of Abraham, prevailing in every situation as the temple of God, a new creature, an ambassador of Christ and a peculiar person – Genesis 22:17; Galatians 3:29.
By the blood of Jesus, I reclaim all lost grounds in possessions, privileges, promotions, health, and finances. Arise, my soul, and shine for your light has come.
I dwell on Mount Zion, therefore I receive abundant harvest – spiritual harvest, financial harvest, material harvest, emotional harvest and all other forms of harvest I desire, in Jesus’ Name.
Father make my church, my house, the gathering of believers a raging fire and a flame devouring every work of the flesh and all evil works of darkness in our community and the world, in Jesus’ Name (Obadiah 1:18).
Father make me a Joseph to my generation, make me a savior and a judge as you declared in Obadiah 1:21, in Jesus’ Name.
Father, nothing is impossible for You. Please visit all those battling with anxiety, depression, fear, worry, confusion, or anything else at this moment of national and global crisis, in Jesus’ Name.
I remove the garment of shame and bondage, terminating every failure and fruitless labor. From today, I make steady progress without struggle, in Jesus’ Name.
(Hold your head as you take this prayer): Father, my head rejects the influences from the house of Esau and the influences of the rod of wickedness in my life, in Jesus’ Name.
Father, please lay Your hand on our spiritual leaders and help them to lead us in the path of righteousness, in the Name of Jesus.
Come Holy Spirit, I need you to take charge of my life (Zechariah 4:6).
I bless, praise, and worship the LORD for a new vision, a new beginning, etc.
- I decree that the grace of Jesus shields me this month, and my health prospers even as my soul prospers. The world shall recover from this COVID-19 pandemic, in the mighty Name of Jesus.
- I decree that the power of God is working out new things for me, and I will live to encounter the great happening earmarked for those on Mount Zion, in Jesus’ Name.
- I decree that I am a conqueror, a triumphant overcomer, and I will never be subject to any power aiming to subdue my glory in the mud, in Jesus’ Name.
- Wherever my blessings are buried, I decree a supernatural intervention this day for the sake of Christ’s death and resurrection. Let there be a hundred-fold restoration of everything good lost in my life, family, church, and community, in the mighty Name of Jesus.
- I decree Deuteronomy 28:12 upon you, your family, and loved ones, in Jesus’ Name. ”The LORD shall open unto thee His good treasure, the heaven to give the rain unto thy land in his season, and to bless all the work of thine hand: and thou shalt lend unto many nations, and thou shalt not borrow.”
- I decree that every negative prophecy or dream has been rendered obsolete in my life and family, in Jesus’ Name.
- My testimony is forever permanent, I dwell in Mount Zion, and I live in abundance possessing my possession. Therefore, weeping and gnashing of teeth is not my portion, in Jesus’ Name.
- I decree concerning missionaries and pastors shepherding God’s flock that divine wisdom, fresh anointing and divine protection is their portion and the portion of all that are connected to them, in Jesus’ Name.
- I decree that a surge of divine righteousness fills every nation, the desire and urgency to draw close to the Most High God encapsulates nations all over the world, in Jesus’ Name.